ipt_iplimit.so

I am trying to establish a hard limit per ip without doing state checking, just for development. I did a Google search for an old module in the ippersonality plugin found on koders.com, I was wondering, is there a more current module, or patch, or will this still even work, or is there something not too dissimilar from it to where we can set a hard limit for the maximum concurrent connections per-ip without using the -m limit/recent module, or would anyone just recommend the syn-limit?

Here are the links for reference:
http://www.koders.com/c/fid7BBD5FF5365A02D2561437989CBCD88C5C65C0B3.aspx
http://www.koders.com/c/fidC587D36BBA65E9C1A59D097A153CB42360D81CFB.aspx

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

--
Zachary A. Eadie
Level I Linux Admin