Netfilter and IPSec

Hello,

First place, let me congratulate all of this community, whose contribution is of utmost importance.
Hopefully, I will integrate it with pride.

So, what brings me here...

I'm trying to find out some alternatives for a task I have been assigned.
Basically, I want to sign IPSec packets on another machine. The idea is when I receive an IPSec packet, I delegate the cryptographic signature generation to another machine, and I receive the signed packet. I'm currently studying several alternatives for doing this, and even tried a socket-based approach, by changing some kernel modules, which has failed. It would require a huge remake of kernel code; this task is made even harder due to lack of documentation.

So I was wondering if anyone knew if with netfilter is possible to achieve this. Any other suggestions/hints would be extremely valued.

Thanks in advance!