IP_MULTICAST_LOOP? /Re: Netfilter "sees" locally originated multicast traffic as external-incoming one/

On 23/03/2008, Igor M Podlesny <for.poige+linux.nf@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello!
>
>  Recently my home network got additional network connection, so I
>  decided to try using Zebra to see if the whole set-up would be simpler
>  and easier to maintain. During the test period I've noticed that
>  Netfilter "sees" locally originated multicast traffic as
>  external-incoming one:
[...]
>  I'm not sure neither whether is this a bug or "feature" nor is this
>  Netfilter's bug/feature at all -- more likely it's the kernel's issue.
>  May be it's due to RIPv2/Zebra's "glitches"(?). What would you say?

	I dug a bit more and can suggest that RIPv2/Zebra sets
IP_MULTICAST_LOOP flag. But then another question arises: is there a
good way to detect such kind a traffic with Netfilter? I mean such a
way that excludes a possibility for bogus traffic being treated as
IP_MULTICAST_LOOP.

--
End of message. Next message?