Re: simple netfilter machine redirection

On Monday 17 March 2008 00:23:33 Marty Leisner wrote:
> I want to accomplish something simple with iptables..
> (I've used IPtables successfully without really understanding how to do
> something from scratch -- I just followed "recipes")
>
> I want machine A to redirect port 80 to machine B.
>
> What's a way to do it?  (seems simple enough).
>
> I've tried a number of ways, and nothing seems to work...
>
> (the machine isn't a firewall)

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p TCP --dport 80 -j DNAT --to <IP of machine B>:<Port of machine B>

HTH,
bossk

--
bossk
System Administration

Tel:    +49 231 47 790-469
Mob:    +49 172 83 68 751
Fax:    +49 231 10 87 992
Email:  bossk@xxxxxxxxxx
http:   www.tyntec.biz

UK-Douglas:          |UK-London:           |Germany-Munich:   |Germany-Dortmund:
11 Hope Street       |                     |                  |
Douglas              |20 Eastcastle Street |Klenzestrasse 57b |Wittekindstrasse 105
IM1 1AQ              |London W1W 8DB       |80469 Muenchen    |44139 Dortmund
Isle of Man /UK      |UK                   |Germany           |Germany

For TynTec GmbH: TynTec GmbH, Dortmund, Geschäftsführer: Michael Kowalzik,
Thorsten Trapp, HRB Nr. 16438, Registergericht Dortmund

This electronic mail transmission and any accompanying attachments
contain confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity named above. Any dissemination, distribution,
copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this
communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please
immediately delete the E-mail and either notify the sender at
the above E-mail address. Thank you.