Re: verifying set-mark

Casey Scott wrote:
Thanks for that link. I realized that I was marking on POSTROUTING rather than FORWARD. The correction solved the problem of throttling, however, I'd still like to know how to use tcpdump to verify the mark is being set.

You cannot. The mark is a kernel internal thingy. Tcpdump sees the packets "on the wire", the mask is long gone by that time.

HTH,
M4

-