Re: nfq_unbind_pf and nfq_bind_pf return values different in 2.6.23

Hi,

On Thursday, 2008 February 14 at  1:46:03 +0000, tom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I haven't touched C for a while now, and have been using python.  I used
> supposed to make ipq obsolete anyhow, and the author of python ipqueue
> now recommends nfqueue.  Unfortunately, it seems that nfqueue has been
> broken as of kernel 2.6.23 due to changes in the return values of
> nfq_bind_pf and the unbind equivalent.

Return code of nfq_unbind_pf has to be ignored in recent kernel.

> The code expects 0 to be
> returned, and complains of failure otherwise.  I was just wondering if
> someone could tell me how to interpret the return values and then I can
> fix nfqueue.
>
> At the moment, this is the problem unless I just fudge it so it doesn't
> bail out at this point:
> If I fudge it so as to just print out the return codes, I get this:
>
> localhost Wall # python testq.py
> NFNETLINK answers: Invalid argument
> -22
> NFNETLINK answers: Device or resource busy
> -16

This is bad ! someone of my team has just encounter a similar problem on
2.6.24.2. Did you use compiled-in Netfilter (opposed to Netfilter in
loadable modules)

PS: Could you tell me where to find the python binding for NFQUEUE ?

BR,
--
Eric Leblond
INL: http://www.inl.fr/