Re: Per IP maximal speed limit inside HTB class

Покотиленко Костик wrote:

I already have HTB class tree which makes channel division between
client groups.
One of those groups now has to have clients with limited maximal speed
to implement "unlimited" traffic billing.

So the question is: is there any queueing discipline which can limit
maximal speed for any source/destination IP with one rule so that I
would not have to insert clases for each new IP?

There are not too nefilter questions, but while I experiment with unconditional class 3 of PSPacer 2.1[.1] (http://www.gridmpi.org/pspacer-2.1/index.en.jsp), I remember there are IMHO may (with additional programming) do it. Mode 3 still not complete and fall kernel, but I comment out estimate_target_rate() code up to "cl->rate = cp->rate;" line and do "cl->rate = <rate>;" and IMHO rate was reached. But I not sure about there are warrantied rate. You may try to remove "tcp" code from PSPacer and make some kind of hash, based on source and|or destination IP. I just not found way to use it - I prefer to bound rate for my network to common channel and use it in concurrent way to fill channel. And not sure to commercial-quality of rate (there are high-quality lostless scheduler, but "warrantied" rate are not high-quality in this sense, only limited).

Else you must use not QoS (like HTB) anymore, just drop packets up the limit with "tc filter ... policy ..." commands. There are not netfilter too.

For example it would be perfect if I could make something like this:

+ HTB class with from 5 Mbit/s to 5 Mbit/s
  | HTB class with from 1 Mbit/s to 5 Mbit/s prio 2 (for clients without
unlimited traffic)
  | HTB class with from 4 Mbit/s to 5 Mbit/s prio 1 (for clients with
unlimited traffic)
    + {some limit qdisc}
      | max speed limit 128 KBit/s (for 128K unlimited traffic) prio 1
      | max speed limit 256 KBit/s (for 128K unlimited traffic) prio 2
      | max speed limit 512 KBit/s (for 128K unlimited traffic) prio 3

Any hints?

--
WBR,
Denis Kaganovich,  mahatma@xxxxx  http://mahatma.bspu.unibel.by