Connection intercept

Hi all,

I want to create an iptables setup that routes all packets that would be dropped to a gateway on a separate interface. I try to do it by marking these packets with a INTERCEPT connmark (and ACCEPT them) and use a different routing table (std. policy routing) with a default route to the separate interface. The problem: I want to use the filter tables to do the filtering, but the packets are already routed when they reach the filter tables. So I cannot route the first packet of a connection to this special interface, hence no real connection intercept is possible.

Setup:

Inet  - Firewall - Internal Zone

             Intercept host

The intercept host will answer for all IPs (Honeypot like), so that connections that would have been refused are openen and can be analysed. Example: Host xxxx from internal zone tries to reach nonstandard mail exchange, mail connection is automatically routed to the intercept host and mail is captured to see if xxxxx is just malconfigured or if some malware tries to send out some data.

Any ideas for workarounds to realise such an fw setup, e.g. exotic netfilter targets that can push back a packet to the beginning of the filter process so that it runs through the whole filter again, this time with the correct connmark so that it uses the alternate interface

greets, Roman

-