conntrack & valgrind

Is conntrack supposed to be "valgrind clean" ?
I ran a few times "valgrind  --tool=memcheck --show-reachable=yes conntrack -L"
and I always get different "Invalid read of size " messages.

The messages always seem to appear before the first listed connection.
I tried to track this down in the code, and I suspect it has to do
with the NL message alignment in nfnl_step, but this is only a hunch.
-