Re: Multihomed Problem

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 11:09 -0800, Jack Lauman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IP forwarding is turned on.  I've tried several different routing
> statements but none seemed to work.
>
> What's the correct procedure to do this?

What is the correct procedure to do what? You just said that IP
forwarding is turned on. Is it?

cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

You aren't giving the list much to work with. Maybe give us the output
of 'route -n' for each host that is involved plus a diagram of your
network.

Also,

You said that you want to print. Have you checked to make sure the
network is working, ie. ping, nmap, and that there isn't just a problem
with your application?

Maybe do some tcpdump'ing on the linux box. Also, you could do some
logging within iptables.

Lastly, you should be posting inline and not top-posting.

Cheers,

--
Matt Zagrabelny - mzagrabe@xxxxxxxxx - (218) 726 8844
University of Minnesota Duluth

He is not a fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot
lose.
-Jim Elliot