Re: stateful tracking options

On 11/27/07 15:28, Quartexx wrote:
is possible to use stateful tracking options?

Yes

I mean set limits related to filter rules that create state entries;

for example: limit the number of source IP addresses that can simultaneously create state, or limit the rate of new connections to a certain amount per time interval.

I'd say that you could do something with the recent match extension / target. This would allow you to do some things in conjunction to whether or not a given source ip address in in a given recent list (you can have multiple) or not in a (user) specified amount of time.

You would end up checking a recent list to see if the given source qualifies to alter state or not.

Grant. . . .
-