Re: Can someone guide me on "kernel: nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet"?

Goke Aruna wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running linux bridge using iptables version 1.3.5 on FC5 with
> kernel 2.6.20-1.2320.fc5smp
>
> However, after running it for almost 3 months, I just discovered the
> error below in my message log and all the traffic will drop and later
> comes up again.

some ideas:

check if ASSURED connections in conntrack (/proc/net/ip*something*) are
also shown in netstat. If there is a large difference you have clients
that drop dead in the middle of a connection. You could decrease the
timeout for those connections (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/*something*)

if the number of connections is simply very high, you can increase the
conntract table size (somewhere in the manual how to do that).

regards,
	Olivier
-