Replace Switch with Firewall - Is there some auto-learnign tool for firewall requirements?

Hello List,

right now we have a "flat"-network (one subnet):
192.168.0.1-100 and 192.168.0.101-254

Those two Network segments are connected by a bridged linux box. Not filtering at this point. Its just a switch really.

Now we would like to keep the "flat"-network for some good reasons and replace the linux-bridge with a bridged firewall (physdev match).

Since i dont want to break the network with its functionality i thought of capturing the current traffic for some time and check out the IPs, Ports, etc... which are beeing used.
Like the learning mode grsecurity has.

Based on the captured information i would like to create my firewall rule with firewallbuilder. I know i have to check out the captured rules well to make sure i dont implement a hole in my firewall setup!

Is there a way or project to capture my firewall requirements? I guess i basically need all SYN-Flags and its DEST-Ports? How can i get them easily out the the massive traffic each day? Do you need more infos?

Any ideas are welcome!

Thanks, Mario

-