Re: conntrack INVALID packets

Roman Ledovskiy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have linux firewall in between internet and my network, diagram is
> following:
>
> Upstream
> Firewall server
> my network
>
> "My network" hosts many different email/web servers.
>
> Firewall server is not a bridge, it has 2 interfaces (one to upstream, one
> to internal network)
> Not much kernel configuration, kernel is default kernel from Centos5 x64
> repo: 2.6.18-8.1.10.el5
>
> On this server I get quite a lot of INVALID packets, about 0.07% of all and
> I can't figure out why..

same thing here. most of the INVALID packets seem to have RST or FIN ACK
set. So what I did, I increased the timeouts to setup a connection, and
I increased the timeouts for connection closing. That helped a lot.

echo "240" >
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_tcp_timeout_close_wait
echo "60" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_tcp_timeout_close
echo "240" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_tcp_timeout_fin_wait
echo "60" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_conntrack_tcp_timeout_last_ack

regards,
	Olivier
-