Re: Routing decision after FORWARD

There are three escenaries:

> (1) Packets destined to our machine
> (2) Packets originated inside our machine
> (3) Packets forwarded
>
> The table only have a reference to escenary (1) and the diagram after
> the tables hits all escenaries.
>
> Not all packets traverse all chains, that depends on the escenary.

I'm was already told that both are correct. There are two routing
decisions for forwarded packets (as it is drawn on the diagram) and the
second routing decision is mentioned in the table 6-3, step 8. However,
it is not clear, what kind of rules could be applied during the second
routing decision. The same as in first decision? In that case, does that
mean that I can set mark on the packet during the mangle/FORWARD and
route that packet to self in the second routing decision? And it will
traverse the table again, this time through INPUT chains?

Anyway, I've found easier solution for my needs, so these questions are
just for curiosity. :)

--
WBR,
Ivan S. Dubrov