Re: 'recent' matching when less than hitcount hits

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 11:07:38AM +0200, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> > I seem to be having a problem where a rule with --hitcount is matching
> > when there are fewer hits than is listed in the hitcount parameter.
>
> Which kernel version are you using?

2.4.22-1.2199.8.legacy.nptl

On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 12:41:46PM +0300, hdemir@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > The rules are in a chain that is only hit for incoming SSH connections.
> > EG: I have this rule in the INPUT chain:
> >
> >   -m tcp --dport 22 -j service-ssh
>
> You are sending all the traffic to the port 22. Use -m state --state
> NEW, so that only new ssh connections can be updated.

I already tried that, but it made no difference (perhaps because -m state
--state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT higher in the INPUT chain).

Note from the iptables -vnL output that I showed that it only counted one
hit on the --set rule and a number of hits on the --update rule.

Regards, Msquared...