ipt_recent failure

http://pastebin.ca/575409

I can't for the life of me get -m recent to function. I upgrade my kernel from 2.6.19 to 2.6.21-gentoo-r3 and recompiled iptables to match.

I am using this same (slightly more detailed of course) rule on several other machines and it works fine everywhere else.

I have ipt_recent.ko loaded just fine along with everything else. All other rules are working just fine.

I have /proc/net/ipt_recent/ which is empty and it is listed in /proc/net/ip_tables_matches.

Can someone enlighten me with this please? Details of code traces are in the pastebin and I will be happy to provide additional details if needed.

Thank you,
David