Re: ""how can i allow IP protocol 47 "" on iptables to connet a pptp VPN server.

rajeev.sekhar írta:
hi list ,

Right now my PPTP VPN server is outside the firewall consuming 2 Static IPaddress,

I want to pleace my PPTP VPN server behind firewall.

i followed good docs on http://tldp.org/HOWTO/VPN-Masquerade-HOWTO-5.html , but still cant understand some words in it.

I DNATed 1723, and 500 (which is used for control channels on pptp) to my vpn server behind my firewall. The encrypted data channel in PPTP is carried over GRE, IP protocol 47, Now how can allow IP protocol 47 from outside , Is this possible? ( pretty new for me)
iptables -p 47 ....
or
iptables -p gre

see /etc/protocols
They are telling to ""masquerade ALL protocol traffic" What they mean by this?
I am pasting my firewall rules.

Is it possible to put vpn server befind firewall?
Maybe... :D
Is anybody did this before?
I neved did :D

Swifty