Re: Bonding & Bridging.

On 6/15/2007 5:14 PM, semi linux wrote:
Can you bond two Ethernet ports together and then bridge that bond to
a third interface?

You should be able to do this.

It would look something like this...

A       B       C
+-bond0-+       |

Any problems with doing this?

So long as you don't run in to bandwidth limitations, there should not be any problems. I.e. two bonded 100 BaseT connections going in to one 100 BaseT connection. Or at least no more bandwidth than the single connection can handle.

I don't recall how bonding alters frames, if at all. I don't think that it does, but just be aware that if it does, you may end up with different MTUs on your single segment verses your bonded segment.

Grant. . . .