Re: multiple routing tables for internal router programs

On 06/11/07 09:42, Andrea wrote:
But how can I reach the same result for programs that are working INTO the linux box? All I want is that a program (ping, for examples, or a VOIP server, better) uses a secondary routing table in the same machine. In this mode, I can manipulate route settings for different classes of program in my router.

Just like you are using IPTables to mark packets now and then based routing decisions based on the IPTables mark, mark packets inbound as you want to.

There is no limit on the number of ways that you can mark packets, inbound, outbound, source port, destination port, what ever.

(That is if I have understood you correctly.)

Grant. . . .