Re: Logging NAT Translations

Hello,

Jan Engelhardt a écrit :

iptables -t nat -A ydm1 -j LOG "[Adress got SNATed to 134.76.13.21] "
iptables -t nat -A ydm1 -j SNAT --to 134.76.13.21

It already was a complete example. When you SNAT, you know you do.

Not always.
- A NAT may fail due to a conflict with an existing mapping, so you believe you SNAT but actually don't. However I do admit that this situation is unlikely to happen when you don't retrict the port range in the SNAT target. - Implicit SNAT may be performed to avoid conflict with an existing rule, so you SNAT but do not know you do.

I rarely need ranges, mostly because it does not RR over
them like I thought it does :(

It used to, prior to kernel version 2.6.11. And I believe it still does in the latest 2.4 kernel. But the developpers thought this behaviour was not desirable because it broke some usages and replaced the round robin with a hash so the same original source+destination pair always gets the same address in the SNAT range.