Restricting applications/protocols to use specific ports using iptables, is this possible

Hi all,

I am interested in one thing, is possible using iptables software
limit particular application/protocol to use/bind to particular ports.
For example I want to send all reqestes from my machine using ports I
specify, not random ones, or accept ping echo-replay on specific
ports.

Any idea or hint is welcome

Best wishes,

Elvir Kuric