Re: Dynamic kernel module load

Paul Harlow wrote:
Hi all,

Fedora 5 patched, i386 SMP

I am looking for info on how to dynamically load a particular kernel module when I restart IPTables. I have firewalling rules in place for FTP traffic (both passive and active) however when I restart IPTables I notice that the module ip_conntrack_ftp does not load, I have to load it manually. This presents a problem if someone other than myself has to reload firewall rules on this machine but isn't aware of the FTP rules/needs.

Will adding the line "ip_conntrack_ftp" to the modules.conf file solve this problem and leave the particular module in permanently?

Patch /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config, mine looks like:

# Additional iptables modules (nat helper)
# Default: -empty-
IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"

(snip)

HTH,