RE: ip_conntrack table full after upgrade from RHEL3 (2.4/1.2.8) to RHEL4U4 (2.6.9/1.2.11)

Note that since RHEL is the enterprise Linux version from RedHat, you should
probably keep your updates fairly close to theirs. The focus of enterprise
releases of Linux is stability and security, so you would be better off
updating to RHEL5 than RHEL4 at this time. This will also ensure that you
get at least a reasonably recent version of netfilter/iptables, although it
wouldn't hurt to update that further if it is not the latest.

There is also a good list of PREROUTING filters for a number of purposes at
the iptablesrocks.org site, I have used their "general web server firewall"
configuration virtually unchanged with much success.

Paul Blondé