Re: Problem with connection tracking in IPtables!!

Dear Visham,

I faced a problem with iptables after upgrading to a recent kernel. However, the original Fedora install booted just fine.

I went through some online forums and found somebody suggesting that I
1. comment all my iptables rules (/etc/sysconfig/iptables);
2. uncomment/enable one rule
3. restart iptables
4. look for a failure message

One subsequent rule showed that I had a "-m state" specified, but no kernel module compiled for it. I just ran the "make menuconfig" again; went through all the options under Networking -> Netfilter configuration and enabled all modules (just to be safe). Enable specific modules to your requirement.

I am not sure if this solves your problem; it solved mine.

Nandan