From: Ray Leach [mailto:spoons@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 2007/05/08 08:05
To: Pieter De Wit
Cc: Jan Engelhardt; netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DNAT and local hosts

Pieter De Wit wrote:
> *BEEP* *BUZZ* I know - but it's for a closed source app that I need to

> do this - and it takes the address from the server, the protocol
> doesn't carry it it :)

There is no routing between C1 and C2, so your firewall never sees the
traffic between the 2.

Put C1 and C2 on two seperate physical networks and connect them through
firewall to get routing to happen, then you can use iptables to do
NATing between them.

Else put two interfaces into your firewall, give each interface an ip
address in the same subnet, configure bridging between the two, put C1
on the end of one interface and C2 on the other if, then look into
ebtables.
?This e-mail is sent on the Terms and Conditions that can be accessed by Clicking on this link http://www.vodacom.co.za/legal/email.jsp "