Re: Forking inside netfilter queue

Thanks Jan for the reply.

I know how preforking works (almost), what I want to know if multi processes can access the same queue API without breaking anything.

Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Apr 30 2007 16:18, Rayed wrote:
I am building netfilter queue application, that implement simple
HTTP filter.

It basically will capture the packet, extract the URL, and issue
MySQL lookup to see if the address is permitted or blocked.

My only fear that address lookup will block the traffic until I get
the lookup reply, so I am thinking of using preforking model to
fork 10-20 processes to handle the same queue.

Has any one done multi prcoess handling of the queue, is it even doable?

See Apache, it uses preforking. But perhaps threading is much simpler
and equally fast.

Jan