Re: How to filter this packet?

monty denis wrote:
Hello, all.

I can filter some protocol packet like below.

iptables -A INPUT -p x
But how can I filtre like (proto 0) below?
proto 0 means protocol 0 ?

I can find protocol 0 information at http://www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers

 11.34.254.146 -> xx.xx.xx.xx [proto 0]
  ........WinSock 2.0.....LG@.

hi
you can use: l7,string,u32
string is the simplest and cheapest for this,
but if you place a rule like:
$ipt -m string --from 8 --to 16 --string WinSock
you maybe have to face with false positives.

or you can create a chain and return for all legal protocols, in this way you can provide a negate for the others, and kick out proto 0 (and others as well) or you can go ahead and implement handling of protocol 255 it's reserved anyway ;)
that way netfilter can use proto 255 for marking any protocol is ok
and use 0 and others as protocol identifiers

eg:

table INPUT
ipt -j PROTONEG

table PROTONEG