RE: Iptables rule on span traffic

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Lievaart [mailto:m@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2007 10:25 PM
To: Krishnamoorthy (Siva) Sivakumar
Cc: Pascal Hambourg; netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Iptables rule on span traffic

Krishnamoorthy (Siva) Sivakumar wrote:
> [...]

You could try to turn on forwarding and block all traffic that makes it
through the snort rules.

HTH,
M4

[Siva:]
Can you explain in more detail (sorry I am a novice)? How do you turn on forwarding? Does this require the iptables machine to be inline (in addition to a regular firewall/router that does the actual forwarding)?

Thanks,
Siva