Re: will --cmd-owner ever return?

If a connection is established, then you can find the owner by comparing the inode in /proc/net/tcp with the /proc/<PID> tree [all the numbered folders]. In each of these there is a folder named fd which provides symbolic links to the open file descriptors which that PID is using. a quick ls -l will give you the information you need to resolve it to a socket inode, you'll usually see socket:[32424] or something similar. You then know which PID owns the conection. I have some python code which resolves this all to program names if you want it?

Tom Eastep wrote:
vwf wrote:

How can I lock my workstation down on application level?

tuxguardian.sf.net

-Tom