Re: forwarding local ports

Am Friday, den 16. March hub Pascal Hambourg folgendes in die Tasten:

Hi!

> >I want forward local ports to remote server, for example:
> >for `telnet localhost 80` must answer webserver from remote IP

> The problem, which  has already been discussed in this list, is in
> kernels 2.6.11 and above. In Changelog-2.6.11 you can read :
[...]

> For this to work you must use a local address outside 127.0.0.0/8.

Or consider using something different than netfilter for this task,
e.g. the rinetd daemon (which works only for tcp, but that should fit
your need in this case.)

>From the debian package description:
 rinetd redirects TCP connections from one IP address and port to
 another, with basic IP-based access control.

Ciao
Max
--
|           |                 Follow the white penguin.
|  |  |/\|  |  Rechnerbetrieb Mathematik  |   Meine Baustellen:  TSM    |
|           |  Universitaet Paderborn     |   Hostmaster, Linux, LDAP   |