Re: Please help with my bridge/router

Alexandru !!! THANK YOU/THANK YOU/THANK YOU !!!!
I typed in your line (at the end of all of my commands
to setup the bridge and router) and it WORKS !!!
Now, I must find out what your line did to enable
those sites that failed to load before, to load now.

Again, I'm much grateful for your help.
Best to you,
serge.

--- Alexandru Dragoi <alex@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Serge Matovic wrote:
> > Hi to all. I'm a bit hesitant to bug you with this
> > basic problem of mine, and I just hope that I'm
> not
> > wasting your time.
> > OK, here is the situation. I have a Linux machine
> with
> > 4 NICs. I have configured 3 of these NICs into a
> > bridge (br0), and the 4th NIC is connected to an
> ADSL
> > modem (ppp0), which, in turn, is connected to
> > Internet. This NIC is getting a DHCP address from
> my
> > ISP. I'm using the iptable script from dranch's
> > IP-MASQ-HOWTO. (and I tried many other ones, as
> well).
> >
> > Now here is the problem: When I try to go Internet
> > from my Client computer (connected to one of the 3
> > NICs of this bridge/router) some sites (like
> > Google.ca) connect and work perfectly, ***BUT***
> some
> > sites (like globaltv.com) do not load at all. But
> > know that they work fine when I connect to them
> > without going thru my bridge/router.
> >
> > Does anyone have a thought on why some sites work
> and
> > some don't?
> >
> > Many thanks, and best regards,
> > serge.

> > Never miss an email again!
> > Yahoo! Toolbar alerts you the instant new Mail
> arrives.

> Try:
>
> iptables -I FORWARD -j TCPMSS  -o ppp0 -p tcp
> --tcp-flags SYN,RST SYN
> --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
>

> In the man table of iptables you can see the
> explanation too.

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time