Re: throttling an internal IP's upstream bandwidth

Scott van Looy wrote:

I'm on DSL, I only have small upstream and big downstream. Everything goes through a 1:1 NAT iptables firewall - so internal IPs are directly mapped to an external IP. I want to throttle the internal upstream bandwidth so the internal machines can't upload at more than 25k/s as the maxing out of the upstream is killing the much faster downstream...is there a way to do this using iptables?

Google for wondershaper.

HTH,
M4