Whats faster? multiple rules vs. multiport match

Hi!

While hacking on alff [42] I asked myself what would be more wise to
use for matching multiple ports on multiple servers/ips

 a) on rule for every ip/port combination
 b) two rules for every server, one for tcp and one for udp
    (assumend I only have to match for udp and tcp stuff).

(The whole scenario is the following:
 I generate rules to regulate access to different services.
 Every service is transalted into an own chain.
 Therein I generate a matrix of host running this service and port
 related to it - like a))

As there are some services with ~ 20 ports (think: Windows(r) DC)
there might be some advantage in choosing the faster way.

Is there any "benchmark" which might enligthen me which way to use?
Any comments?

Thanks in advance
Ciao
Max