Re: iptables: hide the real web server from users

  I don' t think iptables is your best option for that.
  Try mod_security, mod_rewrite or apache proxy .

Regards,

On 2/14/07, Tim Perton <grpanosgr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear friends,
I have a web server running on system B. I run my main
services to System B but I do not want my users to
talk to system B directly.
So I have another server (System A) in a differrent
ISP & a completely different C class IP address like
below:

-----------------------------
--- System A (IP=a.b.c.d) ---
-----------------------------

-----------------------------
--- System B (IP=e.f.g.h) ---
-----------------------------

System A runs iptables(redhat EL4).

I want my users to do a request like
http://a.b.c.d/1.php and then machine A to make the
same request to System B, get the results and send
them back to the user transparently.
Practically System A to act as an intermediatery to
the real machine (System B).

Any idea on how to do this?

Regards,
Tim Perton