Re: Connect to localhost bound port from outside?

Hello,

jan_bar a écrit :

I want to connect from my VPN interface to the port that is bound to
(listening on) localhost. The server listens only on localhost, so it is not
visible to outside world and it seems that I cannot use iptables to forward
outside traffice from VPN to that port.

Iptables will happily redirect anything you like to localhost, but the kernel IP routing prohibits communications with a loopback address on a non loopback interface and thus will drop the packets. This is similar to the problem in the above thread "port forwarding through localhost", and the same workaround is applicable.