From: Michael P. Brininstool [mailto:mikepb@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 20:54
To: 'Andy B.'; netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: port forwarding through localhost

I know this is a little late, but when doing services like this, it has
proved helpful in the past to have the customers use a FQDN
(full-qualified-domain-name) instead of an IP.  For example, I setup the
following: imap.domain.com, smtp.domain.com, www.domain.com,
mail.domain.com, mysql.domain.com, proxy.domain.com, ftp.domain.com, etc,
even if they are all on the same machine.  That way, as services need to be
split off onto their own machine, a simple DNS change moves the load.

In the manner of helping in your current situation, isn't there a -j
REDIRECT table?

--
Michael P. Brininstool