Re: PPTP Problem with 2.6.20-rc1 >=

Hum.. looking at that, i'd like to change to the new framework, but i need this working anyway. Where can i report this, on this mailling list or where's the correct place for that?

Jorge

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pascal Hambourg" <pascal.mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2007 10:13 AM
Subject: Re: PPTP Problem with 2.6.20-rc1 >=

Hello,

Jorge Bastos a écrit :
I just updated kernel to 2.6.20-rc5, and i can't make pptp connections anymore, is just stoped in the AUTH step, hanging up witout sucess.

I can see that diferent modules are used now, before i used:
---
ip_nat_pptp
ip_conntrack_pptp
---

Now there's new modules with new names, like:
nf_nat_pptp
nf_conntrack_pptp

Are they the same with diferent names?

nf_conntrack is the new layer-3 independent Netfilter connection
tracking framework. It supports both IPv4 and IPv6 and is aimed to
replace the old ip_conntrack framework which supports only IPv4.
nf_conntrack is included in the standard kernel since version 2.6.15,
but lacked support for NAT until version 2.6.20 so, as NAT is
unfortunately more widely used than IPv6, ip_conntrack was still the
default. ip_conntrack and nf_conntrack are mutually exclusive.

If you have trouble with nf_conntrack helper modules, you could rebuid a
kernel with nf_conntrack disabled and ip_conntrack enabled.