Re: Need to solve a NAT problem, any takers.

On 01/11/07 21:35, Gary W. Smith wrote:
Internally our DNS server are split giving us internal IP's when queried
internally and external's when queried externally.  This works fine.
Our second DNS server internally slaves the primary.  Because we are
using this split functionality when it slaves the internal IP's it gets
the internal IP configuration.  Works great.  But in order to replicate
the external range it must do so by replicating from the external IP.
This fails at the IP's is NAT'd in by port only.  Years ago we solved
this by running a second POSTROUTING rule and an OUTPUT rule on the
firewall. When I load these rules now

I know this is not an IPTables / NAT answer, but I think it may possibly be an answer to your need. What if you add a different subnet to your two DNS servers that each of them consider to be for the external view. Tell your secondary to contact the primary on it's IP in this external view subnet.

Just a thought.

Grant. . . .