Re: Multicast route table

Marcos Gileno wrote:
Hi there people!

I have a linux box as a multi-homed host, 3 interfaces, and I want to route a multicast traffic that comes in one of the interface to another, let´s say, eth0 receveis the multicast and I want eth1 to forward it.

I guess you need a daemon like smcroute

www.cschill.de/smcroute/ was OK on 2.6s last time I tried.

I only ever did enough with multicast routing to get what I wanted working, so don't know all the ins and outs, but for locally generated traffic it seems that the interface with the mcast route will get it.

Maybe it's because I was comparing pppX and ethX rather than eths, but by default local generated mcast would go out on ppp0(default route created by pppd) which was not what I wanted, doing -

ip ro add dev br0 224.0.0.0/4

stopped it going out on ppp0 - Maybe what you see is because tcpdump puts ethX into promisc or something.

Andy.