Re: conntrack -E -i not allowed?

Alan Ezust wrote:
We need to be able to determine when we get an UPDATE or a DISCONNECT, which connections they correspond to. I assumed that was the purpose of the CT id.

The purpose was to uniquely identify a connection but we currenlty assume that the tuple {src, portsrc, dst, portdst, l3protonum, protonum} is enough.

Why are you removing it?

http://lists.netfilter.org/pipermail/netfilter-devel/2005-June/019923.html

--
The dawn of the fourth age of Linux firewalling is coming; a time of great struggle and heroic deeds -- J.Kadlecsik got inspired by J.Morris