How to configure firewall rules through a website

Hi

I've just been introduced to netfilter. I would like to know if it is
possible to configure the firewall rules from a text file that is
written to by some script attached to a website. I am trying to
configure a firewall on Snapgear linux which is hosting a website which
is supposed to alllow a user to enter configuration rules. I hope to
save these to a text file from which i would like the netfilter program
to read from. Is this possible. I only have a week to get this done, so
any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Satvika
Please find our Email Disclaimer here: http://www.ukzn.ac.za/disclaimer/