Re: Explicit source port mapping

Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2006 16:48 schrieben Sie:
> I've never heard about such a feature.
>
> Just a simple question :
> 	Why do you want to do this ?

We are deploying netfilter in a research project for a customer. He wants to
be able to distinguish natted hosts on the WAN side for traceability.

Just don't ask further. ;-)

So if no one has ever implemented that: Where do I start? Where is the
implicit source port mapping done (the one to avoid clashes) and can I hook
into this mechnism with a kernel module, or should I modify the existing
kernel code (which I have not looked at -  yet)?