Re: Netbios over NAT

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 19:14 +0200, Pascal Hambourg wrote:
> Hello,
>
> John A. Sullivan III a écrit :
> >
> > As far as I know, most NetBIOS functionality works across NAT except for
> > browsing (and perhaps name registration).
>
> Isn't it because these functionnalities use IP broadcasts ?

No, they can be configured to use unicast packets and a WINS.  However,
even with unicast packets and WINS, it breaks when NAT is applied - John
--
John A. Sullivan III
Open Source Development Corporation

If you would like to participate in the development of an open source
enterprise class network security management system, please visit
http://iscs.sourceforge.net