--reject-with icmp-host-unreachable VS DROP

Hi all

I have a default policy of DROP for the INPUT, OUTPUT AND FORWARD.

I was thinking what just before the end of a FORWARD chain, I would use something like this.

$IPT -t filter -A FORWARD -j -j REJECT --reject-with icmp-host-unreachable
$IPT -t filter -A FORWARD -j DROP

Would anyone be kind to advise me on whether this is ok.

I defianltly think it will slow some applications from continuously retrying.

Kind Regards
Brent Clark