Few questions re: firewalling capabilities of iptables..

Folks,

I have a few questions regarding the firewalling capabilites of iptables. If this isn't the correct place to ask such things then please accept my apologies and point me in the right direction.

My company is developing a streaming P2P client. I've managed to set up a test environment on a single machine using sub-interfaces and SNAT so that I can run what appear to our co-ordinating server as many hosts on private networks behind NAT firewalls (or at least I think I have.. any information to the contrary greatly received).

We're using STUN to perform NAT traversal. STUN makes a distinction between cone and symmetric NAT's (so I'm told) and it would be nice to be able to set up examples of each within this test network:

1) What kind of NAT is iptables ?
2) Would it be possible (from rootland) to simulate the other kind ?
3) If any of these questions seem dumb.. what have I not understood ?

Thanks in advance...

--
Toby Bradshaw
Rawflow,