PRERUTING or POSTROUTING

Here is an description what I want do do:

Server1:
-eth0 10.3.1.4
-ppp0 x.x.x.x

ServerPROXY:
-etho 10.3.1.8
-ppp0 y.y.y.y

Server1 has set FORWARD in iptables for Telnet i FTP services ( so
users from LAN are able to connect those services in the internet )
ServerPROXY has Squid service (PROXY for http only)

All of the hosts in LAN must have set gaytway 10.3.1.4 (eth0
Server1)

What should I do to redirect all connection from LAN on port 80  to
serverPROXY 10.3.1.8:8080 ?

I heard that POSTROUTING or PREROUTING rule need to be used
Any suggestions ?
Someone told me that it might be necessery to compile some
additional options in kernel (my current kernel is 2.4.31 - regular
kernel from Slackware 10.2 )

Any ideas how to slove that ?