Fwd: How make iptables script with NAT handle "active FTP"?

In my system (Fedora Core 3 -- iptables 1.2.11-3.1.FC3), sometimes it
seems that the ftp conntrack stop working, because I try to connect
via FTP (PASV mode) and I get the return packets blocked. I have to
re-execute the iptables script to make it work again.

What causes this?

Is it a problem with the modules? Or is it something else?

By the way, is there an order in which I should execute the modules?
The order I'm using is:

/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack
/sbin/modprobe ip_conntrack_ftp
/sbin/modprobe ip_nat_ftp