Re: HTTP slower than SSH on client behind iptables

(trying one more time; netfilter archive seems to have scrubbed the whole
message for PGP signature...) ... (sorry, should have sent this to the list)

Boryan Yotov wrote:
>> On the NAT box, my Internet connection goes up to about 700 kilobytes per
>> second, regardless of the protocol used (e.g., ssh or http).
>> On clients behind the NAT box, however, HTTP connections seem to top out
>> around 70 kilobytes per second. ssh connections (e.g., rsync) get the
>> full throughput of the Internet connection.
> Are you sure, you don't have some kind of a traffic shaping
> active on the NAT gateway's internal interface?
> For example: If tc is used, you could check that using:
> tc class show dev <nat_box_internal_interface>
> and
> tc filter show dev <nat_box_internal_interface>

I do have traffic shaping on the *external* interface, but it is not port
dependent.

tc class|filter show dev <internal_interface> gives an empty response.

Also, when I clear the queue (I use wondershaper, so running wondershaper
clear), it seems I still have the same problem.

...But is there some way that outbound traffic shaping on the external
facing interface could somehow impact *inbound* HTTP traffic on an internal
client connected to the internal facing interface?
--
Adam Rosi-Kessel
http://adam.rosi-kessel.org