RE: Completely Bypassing a Firewall?!

Depends on how you define "bypass". Can you send SMTP data through port
80? Yes. You can also "bypass" any firewall which filters on source port
but not destination port, but this isn't considered properly configured
much less locked down. Are you sure they're not talking about I[D|P]Ses?
There have been several white papers over the last few years on
bypassing those, and some people think that firewall = IPS.

Maybe this rival company has been watching too many recent movie
previews with Harrison Ford in them. If Harrison Ford works for you (and
you happen to be a bank), then I'd be worried. =)

Derick Anderson